BAYBORO - The Pamlico County Sheriff's Office has arrested a New Bern man on five counts of statutory rape.
Thomas Cenyon Gordon, 23, is in the Pamlico County Detention Center under a $1.5 million dollar bond.
The sheriff's office says the crimes happened from June 2011 to November 2011.
Gordon is scheduled to make his first court appearance on Friday.
- New Greenville Hilton earns accolades thanks to guest satisfaction
- Animal control investigating chemical burns on dog found in Duplin County
- Lenoir County Sheriff's Office loses K-9 to medical issue
- Documents: Man tried to bite flight attendant before jumping out of plane in Charlotte
- Manchester attack: Hunt for possible 2nd bomb under way