BAYBORO - The Pamlico County Sheriff's Office has arrested a New Bern man on five counts of statutory rape.
Thomas Cenyon Gordon, 23, is in the Pamlico County Detention Center under a $1.5 million dollar bond.
The sheriff's office says the crimes happened from June 2011 to November 2011.
Gordon is scheduled to make his first court appearance on Friday.
- Updated Cubs GM Epstein gets reported 5-year extension
- Tropical Storm Matthew forms in the Caribbean could have impacts to Eastern North Carolina
- Trump peddles Google conspiracy theory
- UPDATE: Missing 11-year-old North Carolina girl found safe
- CIA Director: We 'have to assume' terrorist activity in US