PAMLICO COUNTY - A registered sex offender has been charged with indecent liberties with a child, investigators said.
The Pamlico County Sheriff's Office received a report of the alleged crime on Monday. When deputies searched the home of 48-year-old Keith Andrew Hawk Tuesday morning, they seized several electronic devices, officials said.
Hawk was arrested and charged with indecent liberties with a child. He was being held on a $30,000 secured bond. Deputies said the investigation is ongoing and more charges are possible. No other details were released.
Hawk is a registered sex offender. According to officials, he was convicted of indecent liberties with a child in Craven County in 2002.
- Updated Orlando hospitals won't bill survivors of Pulse nightclub shooting
- Updated 12 killed in Kabul university attack
- Heroin laced with elephant tranquilizer hits the streets
- Clinton blasts Trump attacks on foundation
- New waterfront park and boat access is symbol of recovery, dedication planned Saturday