PAMLICO COUNTY - A registered sex offender has been charged with indecent liberties with a child, investigators said.
The Pamlico County Sheriff's Office received a report of the alleged crime on Monday. When deputies searched the home of 48-year-old Keith Andrew Hawk Tuesday morning, they seized several electronic devices, officials said.
Hawk was arrested and charged with indecent liberties with a child. He was being held on a $30,000 secured bond. Deputies said the investigation is ongoing and more charges are possible. No other details were released.
Hawk is a registered sex offender. According to officials, he was convicted of indecent liberties with a child in Craven County in 2002.
- Updated Kraft Heinz pulls plug on massive Unilever bid
- Updated Vice President Pence visits former Nazi concentration camp
- Priebus denies collusion between Trump campaign, Russian officials
- Bernstein: Trump's attacks on the press 'more treacherous' than Nixon's
- Syria ceasefire opens door for political solution, UN says