PAMLICO COUNTY - A registered sex offender has been charged with indecent liberties with a child, investigators said.
The Pamlico County Sheriff's Office received a report of the alleged crime on Monday. When deputies searched the home of 48-year-old Keith Andrew Hawk Tuesday morning, they seized several electronic devices, officials said.
Hawk was arrested and charged with indecent liberties with a child. He was being held on a $30,000 secured bond. Deputies said the investigation is ongoing and more charges are possible. No other details were released.
Hawk is a registered sex offender. According to officials, he was convicted of indecent liberties with a child in Craven County in 2002.
- Updated U.K. approves crucial third runway at London's Heathrow
- Updated Judge approves Volkswagen's $15B emissions settlement
- Updated NBA: 10 big predictions for the new season
- Updated Drinking two sweetened drinks per day? You could be doubling your risk of diabetes
- Updated Rain expected from Upper Midwest to New England