ONSLOW COUNTY - Two men charged with DWI after their vehicle crashed into a popular Onslow County restaurant are blaming each other as being the driver, investigators said.
According to the Highway Patrol, 30-year-old Carlos Robles Moreno and 27-year-old Charles Morgan II have been arrested for the wreck, which happened at about 2:45 a.m. Friday.
Investigators said the suspects' vehicle was heading towards Richlands when the driver lost control and hit a curb. The car then went airborne and landed into the parking lot of Baker's Restaurant, located on Richlands Highway west of Jacksonville, before crashing into side of the building.
Moreno and Morgan got out of the vehicle, left through the front door of the restaurant, and ran into the nearby woods, said investigators. They were eventually arrested.
Troopers said Moreno and Morgan are blaming each other as being the driver.
The suspects have both been charged with driving while impaired, driving with a revoked license, injury to real property, failure to report an accident, and resisting a public official, according to courthouse records.
Moreno was treated and released from a hospital, said investigators. He was then issued a $5,500 bond. Morgan was being jailed under a $1,500 bond.
No other injuries were reported.
Baker's restaurant will be closed for a few days for repairs.
- Updated 4 reasons why Venezuela became the world's worst economy
- Updated Mercedes-Benz unveils first pickup truck
- Updated Women now drink nearly as much alcohol as men, study finds
- Updated Eight more local counties among 13 additional to receive Disaster Food Assistance
- One of two workers to die in Boston trench collapse from New Bern