RICHLANDS, ONSLOW COUNTY - The loyal customers of a family-owned restaurant in Onslow County will soon have to say goodbye. An owner of Arnold's in Richlands has decided to shut the restaurant's doors for good.
Owner Anola Swinson tells NewsChannel 12 that she made the decision with her family on Monday to close the business.
She says her father, the previous owner of the restaurant, died in 2008. Since then, Swinson says running the business has taken a toll on her health. She adds that it's also become too costly to keep the restaurant open.
Swinson says she will miss her customers who visit the restaurant, which is best known for its fried chicken and the "Big-A" Burger.
Sunday is the last day Arnold's will be open for business. Employees hope there will be enough inventory to last them through the weekend. Since word has spread that the business is closing, a large number of customers have flocked to the business to get a last taste.
Swinson says she doesn't have final plans as of now to sell the business, but says she will sell the property to the highest bidder once the doors are shut. Despite rumors of a Bojangles and Taco Bell coming to Richlands, both town representatives and Swinson say there aren't any official plans.
- Carteret Co. Sheriff's Office investigating murder-suicide
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County