KINSTON, LENOIR COUNTY - A Lenoir County home was destroyed by an overnight fire, but officials said no one was inside at the time.
The fire broke out at about 1:30 Thursday morning on Liberty Hill Rd. in Kinston, according to a public safety official.
The house is a total loss, but it appeared no one was living inside the home, officials said.
Fire crews had the flames under control in 15 minutes. No injuries were reported.
Investigators were working to determine the cause of the fire.
- LIVE FBI probes newly discovered emails tied to Clinton case
- Updated Bill Murray is done with boring golf clothes
- Updated World Series ticket prices at a record high
- State Board of Elections investigating possible voter fraud in Onslow County
- Updated At Chicago O'Hare, American Airlines 767 catches fire on runway