KINSTON, LENOIR COUNTY - A Lenoir County home was destroyed by an overnight fire, but officials said no one was inside at the time.
The fire broke out at about 1:30 Thursday morning on Liberty Hill Rd. in Kinston, according to a public safety official.
The house is a total loss, but it appeared no one was living inside the home, officials said.
Fire crews had the flames under control in 15 minutes. No injuries were reported.
Investigators were working to determine the cause of the fire.
- Updated Illinois to yank billions from Wells Fargo amid scandal
- Gingrich rebukes Trump for late-night Twitter rant
- Clinton improves edge over Trump in new national poll
- Dollar General facing $250K bill over 2 bottles of juice
- Weld 'not sure anybody is more qualified than Hillary Clinton' to be president