Duplin County fire officials say a man is without a home after an overnight fire destroyed his house.
Duplin County Emergency Manager Reid Southerland says the fire started in the electric heating system of the house, located on Highway 41 N, in the Potters Hill area, near Pink Hill.
Southerland says the homeowner woke up smelling smoke and saw flames coming out of the heating vents. He and a guest spending the night were both able to escape without injury.
Red Cross has been contacted to help the homeowner, as the house is considered unliveable, according to officials.
- New Rousseff's impeachment trial opens in Brazil
- Updated Navy surprises ailing WWII veteran at his home
- Updated Here's what happened to AIDS drug that spiked 5,000%
- Accused Pitt Co. murder suspect officially charged with murder of three children
- Greenville Fire & Rescue classifies overnight fire as intentional