ONSLOW COUNTY - Some customers of ONWASA in Onslow County may experience periods of low water pressure and outages on Wednesday.
Crews are installing new valves in the system at the Belleau Woods Subdivision between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m.
Affected areas include Cukela Street, Cavella Court, Boyington Drive, Carlson Drive, Savage Court (up to 8 Savage Court), McGinity Court (up to 8 McGinity Court), and Daly Street (up to 417 Daly Street).
Periods of little or no water pressure in the distribution system increases the potential for back siphonage and the introduction of bacteria into the water system. Therefore, the Division of Water advises that affected consumers should boil all water used for human consumption or use bottled water. It is not necessary to boil water for showering or bathing.
Vigorous boiling for one minute should kill any disease-causing organisms that may be present in the water.
The advisory will remain in effect from the time water is restored until further notification is issued.
- Updated Kerry in leaked audio: "I lost the argument" for use of force in Syria
- Updated Hurricane Matthew roars toward Jamaica as Category 5
- Bees placed on endangered species list -- a first in the US
- Trump on Clinton: 'I can be nastier than she ever can be'
- Illinois to yank billions from Wells Fargo amid scandal