ONSLOW COUNTY - Some customers of ONWASA in Onslow County may experience periods of low water pressure and outages on Wednesday.
Crews are installing new valves in the system at the Belleau Woods Subdivision between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m.
Affected areas include Cukela Street, Cavella Court, Boyington Drive, Carlson Drive, Savage Court (up to 8 Savage Court), McGinity Court (up to 8 McGinity Court), and Daly Street (up to 417 Daly Street).
Periods of little or no water pressure in the distribution system increases the potential for back siphonage and the introduction of bacteria into the water system. Therefore, the Division of Water advises that affected consumers should boil all water used for human consumption or use bottled water. It is not necessary to boil water for showering or bathing.
Vigorous boiling for one minute should kill any disease-causing organisms that may be present in the water.
The advisory will remain in effect from the time water is restored until further notification is issued.
- Updated 4 reasons why Venezuela became the world's worst economy
- Updated Mercedes-Benz unveils first pickup truck
- Updated Women now drink nearly as much alcohol as men, study finds
- Updated Eight more local counties among 13 additional to receive Disaster Food Assistance
- New One of two workers to die in Boston trench collapse from New Bern