JACKSONVILLE - A car crash in Onlsow County leaves a 5-year-old in critical condition and several other children injured.
The Highway Patrol said the wreck happened shortly after 1:30 p.m. on Highway 258 near Yopp Road, just outside Jacksonville.
Troopers said Jessica Demshak, 30, of Jacksonville, drifted into oncoming traffic and hit another car head-on. Demshak and her three young children were transported to Vidant Medical Center. All three kids were injured and the 5-year-old is in critical condition, according to the Highway Patrol.
Investigators said the other driver is Jeffery Wooten, 56, of Maple Hill. Wooten and his passenger had non-life threatening injuries. They were transported to Onslow Memorial.
No word yet on charges.
- Updated One person injured in Greenville shooting
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating