ONSLOW COUNTY - Blue Creek Road in Onslow County has been reopened after it was shut down Thursday morning due to very dangerous conditions.
The road is located off U.S. 258, west of Jacksonville. According to the Highway Patrol, there were six cars in a ditch off Blue Creek Road at one time, and crews were having difficulty getting wreckers to tow the vehicles because of the icy conditions on that road.
Onslow County Emergency Services announced Thursday morning that the road was shut down due to the conditions, but has since reopened.
Troopers are advising all residents to stay home. Those who must travel are advised to avoid secondary roads.
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- Greenville Hilton earns accolades thanks to guest satisfaction
- Animal control investigating chemical burns on dog found in Duplin County
- Lenoir County Sheriff's Office loses K-9 to medical issue
- Documents: Man tried to bite flight attendant before jumping out of plane in Charlotte