ONSLOW COUNTY - Blue Creek Road in Onslow County has been reopened after it was shut down Thursday morning due to very dangerous conditions.
The road is located off U.S. 258, west of Jacksonville. According to the Highway Patrol, there were six cars in a ditch off Blue Creek Road at one time, and crews were having difficulty getting wreckers to tow the vehicles because of the icy conditions on that road.
Onslow County Emergency Services announced Thursday morning that the road was shut down due to the conditions, but has since reopened.
Troopers are advising all residents to stay home. Those who must travel are advised to avoid secondary roads.
- Updated Ryan Lochte to endorse crime prevention device
- New Beaufort County deputies arrest registered sex offender living in Chocowinity
- Updated Fire chief killed in workers' bus crash remembered as 'amazing'
- ECU professor predicts presidential election results
- Local pharmacist recommends ways to save on EpiPens