ONSLOW COUNTY - Onslow County deputies have arrested a man they say hit two pedestrians with his car and hit several mailboxes and then a light pole.
Dillon Calicher was arrested early Saturday morning.
Officials say around 2 a.m. deputies were dispatched to the area of Holly Drive and Parkview Drive to investigate a car accident.
Deputies say the driver had fled the scene and gone to a residence on Shamrock Drive where he woke the occupant to report that law enforcement was looking for him and he needed to report the accident.
When deputies arrived Calicher surrendered without incident and was taken to the Onslow County Jail. He is currently under a $31,000.00 bond for multiple traffic violations.
One of the pedestrians involved were treated and released on scene and the other was transported to the hospital and has been released with no serious injuries.
Deputies have not released a cause for the accident.
- New BREAKING NEWS: Man stabbed by girlfriend in New Bern
- Updated Blast near Bogota bullring injures 31, many of them police, reports say
- Updated Limbaugh on the news media: 'They're enemies of Trump'
- State high school basketball playoff pairings released
- Police search for suspect in deaths of Indiana teens who vanished on hike