ONSLOW COUNTY - Onslow County deputies have arrested a man they say hit two pedestrians with his car and hit several mailboxes and then a light pole.
Dillon Calicher was arrested early Saturday morning.
Officials say around 2 a.m. deputies were dispatched to the area of Holly Drive and Parkview Drive to investigate a car accident.
Deputies say the driver had fled the scene and gone to a residence on Shamrock Drive where he woke the occupant to report that law enforcement was looking for him and he needed to report the accident.
When deputies arrived Calicher surrendered without incident and was taken to the Onslow County Jail. He is currently under a $31,000.00 bond for multiple traffic violations.
One of the pedestrians involved were treated and released on scene and the other was transported to the hospital and has been released with no serious injuries.
Deputies have not released a cause for the accident.
- Police say erratic driving leads to arrest, stolen vehicle recovered
- Yokohama Tire Corporation Selects North Carolina for Technical Development Center, Creating 56 Jobs
- McCain, Rubio, Wasserman Schultz face Tuesday primary tests
- Parmalee announces their return to Greenville
- Ocracoke ferry shuttle closed