JACKSONVILLE, ONSLOW COUNTY - A Jacksonville man faces a slew of charges, for allegedly leading police on a chase using a stolen vehicle.
Police said they spotted 30-year-old Derrick Angelo Copeland, of Plaza Manor, was driving a stolen vehicle near Highway 17 and Western Blvd. at about 6:43 p.m. Wednesday. Officers said when they tried to pull Copeland over, he sped off.
But Copeland lost control and crashed into a small tree, police said. The suspect then allegedly got out of the vehicle and ran into the woods near New Bern Highway. He was later arrested, according to police.
There were outstanding warrants for Copeland, police said. He was being held at the Onslow County Detention Center under a $106,000 bond, with the following charges:
- Felony speeding to elude
- Unauthorized use of motor vehicle
- Possession of schedule II
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Warrant service
- Careless and reckless driving
- Aggressive driving
- Failure to yield to blue lights/siren
- Red light violation
- Improper use of lane
- Felony hit and run
- Updated Alabama Mardi Gras parade canceled after car hits band members
- Updated Google officially reveals its latest robot
- Updated China considers baby bonus for couples to have second child
- Updated Grant Application Intake session slated in Snow Hill
- Updated Starbucks is coming to the home of the espresso