JACKSONVILLE, ONSLOW COUNTY - The Onslow County Health Department has been awarded full accreditation for meeting state requirements.
This month, the Onslow Co. Health Department received accreditation from the North Carolina Local Health Department Accreditation Board.
The department met state requirements that involve identifying health needs of Onslow County, as well as parenting with other county organizations, businesses and residents to meet health goals.
Onslow County Health Director Angela Lee said accreditation is important because it keeps employees focused on meeting standards.
"We are constantly thinking about accreditation and meeting goals, looking at our policies and procedures and what we can do to meet the needs of our citizens and do it in a manner that also meets the criteria that the states laid out for us," said Lee.
The accreditation lasts four years.
- Tips to keep in mind to keep children warm from cold temps
- Keep your outside pets safe from the cold weather this season
- Community Crossroads Center ready for help homeless through cold weather
- Military wife creatively includes deployed husband in Christmas card
- Vivian Howard's new restaurant opens in Wilmington