JACKSONVILLE, ONSLOW COUNTY - The Onslow County Health Department has been awarded full accreditation for meeting state requirements.
This month, the Onslow Co. Health Department received accreditation from the North Carolina Local Health Department Accreditation Board.
The department met state requirements that involve identifying health needs of Onslow County, as well as parenting with other county organizations, businesses and residents to meet health goals.
Onslow County Health Director Angela Lee said accreditation is important because it keeps employees focused on meeting standards.
"We are constantly thinking about accreditation and meeting goals, looking at our policies and procedures and what we can do to meet the needs of our citizens and do it in a manner that also meets the criteria that the states laid out for us," said Lee.
The accreditation lasts four years.
- New BREAKING NEWS: Man stabbed by girlfriend in New Bern
- Updated Blast near Bogota bullring injures 31, many of them police, reports say
- Updated Limbaugh on the news media: 'They're enemies of Trump'
- State high school basketball playoff pairings released
- Police search for suspect in deaths of Indiana teens who vanished on hike