ONSLOW COUNTY - District Attorney Ernie Lee asked the State Bureau of Investigation to dig into a potential misuse case of a county credit card.
Onslow County Sheriff Ed Brown met with County District Attorney Ernie Lee as well as, other county attorneys for nearly two hours concerning the use of county credit cards. This meeting was conducted after Sheriff Brown requested to meet with the District Attorney on the 18th.
On Tuesday, Sheriff Brown provided documents, financial records and reports to the District Attorney's Office for Lee's review.
This all follows allegations that an onslow county deputy had been using a county credit card to purchase gas to put in his private vehicle,in which, no charges have been filed.
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Amid Zika fears, Florida theme parks offer mosquito repellent
- Vandemere Waterfront Park reopens five years after Hurricane Irene destruction
- Stand Up Outfitters 5th annual Colonial paddle board race