One person sent to the hospital after two Greenville fires

GREENVILLE - One person was sent to the hospital Saturday after fire fighters responded to two separate home fires.

The first fire happened at 1701 Douglas Avenue at 4:40 a.m. Fire fighters said an unattended cooking pot caught fire with grease inside. The fire was quickly put out, but one person was taken to the hospital with possible smoke inhalation.

No one else was hurt.

The second fire happened at 8:41 p.m. at 930 South Evan St.

Inside, residents reported smelling smoke. When fire fighters arrived, white smoke was pouring out of the attic. Fire crews extinguished the fire.

The fire was determined to have started in the garage and was electrical in nature.

Everyone was able to get out of the home unharmed.

Most Popular