BEAUFORT COUNTY - A man was killed after his car overturned and ended up in water in Beaufort County Sunday night, investigators said.
The Highway Patrol said Dennis Earl Fonville was killed in the wreck off Idalia Road, near West Road just south of Aurora. Troopers responded at about 9:15 p.m. Sunday.
According to investigators, Fonville was killed after his car overturned and ended up in a body of water. Fonville was the only person in the car.
Troopers said they are still investigating the cause of the crash, although early indications suggest speed was a factor.
NewsChannel 12 is working to learn more details.
The State Highway Patrol in Beaufort County says a car accident ended with a vehicle overturned in a body of water Sunday night.
Troopers say they responded to the scene on Idalia Road in Aurora at 9:15 Sunday night.
Troopers could not advise what caused the wreck or how many people were inside the car. There's also no word on any injuries at this time.
Stay with NewsChannel12 as we gather more details.
- Updated Ryan Lochte to endorse crime prevention device
- New Beaufort County deputies arrest registered sex offender living in Chocowinity
- Updated Fire chief killed in workers' bus crash remembered as 'amazing'
- ECU professor predicts presidential election results
- Local pharmacist recommends ways to save on EpiPens