WOODVILLE - Troopers say one man is dead after a fatal morning accident in Bertie County this morning.
They say that at 5:14 a.m., 24-year-old Larry Williams Jr. was traveling west along NC 308 when he attempted to make a left turn onto Jack Branch Rd. That's when another vehicle, driven by 22-year-old Antoine Sessoms crashed into him.
There were two additional passengers inside of Williams' vehicle. 21-year-old Robert Peele, in the back seat, died as a result of the wreck. Everyone else involved, including Sessoms and his passenger, were taken to the hospital where they have since been discharged.
Troopers say charges are currently pending. No alcohol or drugs were involved in the crash.
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday
- NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County
- Animal control investigating chemical burns on dog found in Duplin County
- Greenville Hilton earns accolades thanks to guest satisfaction