HAVELOCK, CRAVEN COUNTY - Havelock Police have charged one man with DWI after a four-car accident on Highway 101 in Havelock last Friday.
Harry Peck, 52, of Titusville, Pennsylvania, was charged with DWI and driving left of center today. Investigation by Havelock Police revealed that Peck's Ford F150 crossed the center line on Highway 101 shortly after 4 p.m. Friday. Police said he side-swiped a Toyota Camry driven by James Marcelin, causing that car to run off the right side of Highway 101.
Police said Peck continued down Highway 101, running head-on into a Toyota Corolla driven by Katherine Morgan. The impact of that collision caused Peck's F150 to spin. While spinning, the F150 struck a Toyota Sienna driven by Gale Jones head-on, police said.
Havelock Police said two people remain hospitalized at Vidant Medical Center in Greenville as a result of injuries sustained in the crash. Vidant told NewsChannel 12 that Morgan is listed in "fair" condition, but had no information on Marcelin or Jones.
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County
- Animal control investigating chemical burns on dog found in Duplin County