Goldsboro - One person is dead and another seriously injured in a narcotics search that turned deadly in Wayne County.
Wayne county sheriff's were at the 700 block of Slaughter Street in Goldsboro serving a drug search warrant when gun shots were fired.
As officers made entry into the building, people inside opened fire on them.
The officers returned fire, killing one and man and injuring another. Three people were taken into custody.
31-year-old Thomas Arthur Austin Jr. was arrested and charged with five counts of Attempted Murder. He is in Wayne County Jail under a $1,000,000 bond.
Charges for the two other suspects are pending.
One of the officers sustained minor injuries as a result of the shooting.
No word on charges yet. It is still under investigation.
- Body found along side of road in Jacksonville
- New Cops and Barbers works to bridge gap between GPD, community
- Updated Law enforcement investigating deputy-involved shooting in Ayden
- Chocowinity soldier killed in action to be honored in NASCAR race
- Updated Tornado touches down in Sampson Co., warnings issued elsewhere