Goldsboro - One person is dead and another seriously injured in a narcotics search that turned deadly in Wayne County.
Wayne county sheriff's were at the 700 block of Slaughter Street in Goldsboro serving a drug search warrant when gun shots were fired.
As officers made entry into the building, people inside opened fire on them.
The officers returned fire, killing one and man and injuring another. Three people were taken into custody.
31-year-old Thomas Arthur Austin Jr. was arrested and charged with five counts of Attempted Murder. He is in Wayne County Jail under a $1,000,000 bond.
Charges for the two other suspects are pending.
One of the officers sustained minor injuries as a result of the shooting.
No word on charges yet. It is still under investigation.
- Michelle Obama fires up North Carolina crowd for Hillary Clinton
- Updated Wildlife sanctuary searches for owl lost duirng Hurricane Matthew
- Updated Dems can't get enough of FLOTUS -- and Clinton knows it
- Updated Haley 'not a fan' but will vote for Trump
- Updated Trump in 2011: Hillary Clinton 'did probably as much as anybody' for the black community