GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - A Fourth of July break-in at a Greenville kennel led to the disappearance of two dogs. One dog was found dead in the back yard of a home off of 10th Street in Greenville on Wednesday. The owners believe the dog, named Sir Lancelot (pictured), was hit by a car.
The owners' second dog, Billabong, was found safe on Friday.
The break-in happened at Helen's Grooming World and Pet Motel Thursday night. According to the kennel owner's daughter, a burglar busted through the gate and kicked in a kennel housing the two black labs.
No suspects have been identified in the break-in.
- Updated You had one job: Meet the firm behind the Oscars' biggest blunder
- New Jacksonville man accused of hitting teen in face with shovel
- Updated Top 25 roundup: UCF stuns No. 15 Cincinnati
- Updated Creighton's Watson turns himself in to answer sexual assault charge
- Updated Tesla gets downgraded to 'sell' by Goldman Sachs