--Duplin - State Highway Troopers said a woman died when her car ran off the road, hit a tree and then flipped.
44-year-old Nadine Sumner was driving north on NC111 when she lost control and struck a ditch. The crash happened within a mile of East Duplin High School.
First Responders said she was dead when they got on the scene.
Sumner was not wearing a seat belt.
The accident is still under investigation.
- Updated Biden aims to reassure Turks of US support after failed coup
- Updated How should you talk to loved ones about their weight?
- Updated Oil billionaire: Trump didn't 'understand' simple fracking question
- Updated Thousands of fish die in Yellowstone River
- Inside the big banks' plan for new digital cash