--Duplin - State Highway Troopers said a woman died when her car ran off the road, hit a tree and then flipped.
44-year-old Nadine Sumner was driving north on NC111 when she lost control and struck a ditch. The crash happened within a mile of East Duplin High School.
First Responders said she was dead when they got on the scene.
Sumner was not wearing a seat belt.
The accident is still under investigation.
- Updated Oakland victim's mother: He didn't go there to die
- Updated 'Moonlight' named best picture by L.A. Film Critics
- Updated Trump warns Wall Street: I'm going to cut drug prices
- Updated Michelle Obama: I went to bed before Trump won
- Updated India's central bank says cash crisis is hurting the economy