LEWISTON - The Highway Patrol confirmed one person has died after an 18-wheeler accident in Bertie County.
The crash happened near the intersection of Highway 11 and Highway 308 in Lewiston Woodville. That's in Bertie County. Troopers said Sophia Worsely, 23, of Bethel was driving a vehicle and tried to turn left when an 18-wheeler rear-ended the car. That sent the car into another lane, where it was hit by another 18-wheeler.
Troopers said Johnathan Taylor, 25 of Bethel died Tuesday as a result to his injuries sustained in the crash. Taylor was a passenger in the car. Worsley was transported by helicopter to Vidant Medical Center in Greenville. She is in serious condition.
Sergeant M.W. Warren said the driver of the 18-wheeler, Fred Dupree, that rear-ended Worsley is charged with misdemeanor death by motor vehicle.
Dupree and the other truck driver were not injured.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend