CRAVEN COUNTY - A woman who was illegally burning trash in two barrels started a brush fire, officials said.
It happened before noon in Harlowe when the woman left the barrels unattended for several minutes, fire officials said.
The fire threatened five structures; three of them were homes.
The woman owned all of them, none of which burned. One, however, did have siding melt on one site.
It's undetermined if she'll face charges. Multiple units responded to put out the flames.
- Updated Ryan Lochte to endorse crime prevention device
- New Beaufort County deputies arrest registered sex offender living in Chocowinity
- Updated Fire chief killed in workers' bus crash remembered as 'amazing'
- ECU professor predicts presidential election results
- Local pharmacist recommends ways to save on EpiPens