GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - Pitt County Superior Court Judge Clifton Everett has passed away, officials told NewsChannel 12.
According to the clerk's office, Everett died at about 5 a.m. Tuesday.
Everett retired as a full-time Superior Court judge on Dec. 28 and was replaced on the bench by Marvin Blount. The governor then appointed Everett as an emergency-only Superior Court judge.
Visitation for Everett is scheduled to be held on Thursday from 5 to 7 p.m. at Wilkerson Funeral Home in Greenville. His funeral is set to be held at 11 a.m. the following day at Jarvis Memorial United Methodist Church, also in Greenville. Both of those services will be open to the public.
- Officials: No threat following claims of man with a gun inside Walmart
- Officials investigating after two bodies found inside home that caught fire
- Five suspects in Lenoir County home invasion now in custody
- Down East Wood Ducks announce roster for start of season
- Updated NC State star Dennis Smith declares for draft