GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - Pitt County Superior Court Judge Clifton Everett has passed away, officials told NewsChannel 12.
According to the clerk's office, Everett died at about 5 a.m. Tuesday.
Everett retired as a full-time Superior Court judge on Dec. 28 and was replaced on the bench by Marvin Blount. The governor then appointed Everett as an emergency-only Superior Court judge.
Visitation for Everett is scheduled to be held on Thursday from 5 to 7 p.m. at Wilkerson Funeral Home in Greenville. His funeral is set to be held at 11 a.m. the following day at Jarvis Memorial United Methodist Church, also in Greenville. Both of those services will be open to the public.
- Updated Oakland victim's mother: He didn't go there to die
- Updated 'Moonlight' named best picture by L.A. Film Critics
- Updated Trump warns Wall Street: I'm going to cut drug prices
- Updated Michelle Obama: I went to bed before Trump won
- Updated India's central bank says cash crisis is hurting the economy