KINSTON, LENOIR COUNTY - A man was arrested for allegedly jumping from a Kinston bridge into the Neuse River, triggering a rescue operation, officials told NewsChannel 12.
According to investigators, 48-year-old Charles Bogan jumped from the Kings Street Bridge, near the intersection Queen Street. Firefighters said they got the call at about 5:30 p.m. Saturday.
Several rescue boats were launched, and crews found Bogan within an hour, investigators said.
Bogan has been charged with misdemeanor illegal jumping from a bridge. He was not seriously hurt, officials said.
- New Was New Bern first in America to celebrate George Washington's birthday?
- Updated New Bern stab victim says he was accused of stealing drugs
- Updated Reports: Dolphins acquire TE Thomas from Jaguars
- Updated Trade of Cousins to Pelicans becomes official
- Updated Small plane crashes near Melbourne's Essendon airport