KINSTON, LENOIR COUNTY - A man was arrested for allegedly jumping from a Kinston bridge into the Neuse River, triggering a rescue operation, officials told NewsChannel 12.
According to investigators, 48-year-old Charles Bogan jumped from the Kings Street Bridge, near the intersection Queen Street. Firefighters said they got the call at about 5:30 p.m. Saturday.
Several rescue boats were launched, and crews found Bogan within an hour, investigators said.
Bogan has been charged with misdemeanor illegal jumping from a bridge. He was not seriously hurt, officials said.
- Updated White House denies wrongdoing in conversations with FBI
- Updated JPD needs public's help identifying man wanted for questioning
- Updated India breaks taboos with new sex ed manual
- New Patriots' Gronkowski: 'No doubt' he will be ready for 2017
- Updated Judge: Only 1 other accuser can testify at Cosby trial