JAMES CITY, CRAVEN COUNTY - Investigators are calling a Thursday morning mobile home fire in Craven County suspicious.
The blaze erupted at a mobile home on Clermont Road, near the Coastal Carolina Regional Airport, just before 7 a.m. Thursday.
When crews arrived to the scene, the structure was fully engulfed in flames, said Township 7 Fire Chief Nick Armstrong.
The mobile home was vacant, Armstrong said. It took crews roughly 15 minutes to fight the flames.
No injuries were reported.
Armstrong said the fire appears to be suspicious. Investigators are working to find out the cause.
- Updated Body found along side of road in Jacksonville
- Updated Law enforcement investigating deputy-involved shooting in Ayden
- UPDATE: No bomb discovered after threat made at West Craven Middle School
- Updated Tornado touches down in Sampson Co., warnings issued elsewhere
- Wood Ducks featured on Xfinity car for Charlotte race