WAYNE COUNTY - Wayne County deputies arrested a man on kidnapping charges.
Jerry Mason was charged with second degree kidnapping.
Officials said Mason kept a male victim bound at his arms and legs with duct tape and covered him in spray paint.
When officers arrived at the scene the victim was released and the suspect was taken into custody.
Mason is being held on a $75,000 bond.
- Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Many blueberry farmers picking crop earlier than normal
- Demolition date set for old New Bern Days Inn
- Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms