GOLDSBORO, WAYNE COUNTY - A Goldsboro man is in jail after investigators say he robbed a bank and then ditched the money in a department store when trying to escape police.
On Friday around 3 p.m., officers responded to New Century Bank on Spence Ave in reference to a bank robbery.
Officials say a Aaron Michael Allen, 23, went inside the bank with his hands inside his jacket. They say Allen demanded money.
The bank teller gave the suspect an undisclosed amount of money, according to officials. Allen then allegedly left the bank and went to Berkeley Mall.
Officers say they spotted Allen, and chased him into the mall. They say the suspect ran into Belk, where he ditched the money.
Allen was taken into custody, and officers found the money, according to officials. He's charged with one count of Robbery with a Dangerous Weapon. He was placed in the Wayne County Detention Center under a $250,000.00 secured bond. Records show he'll have a first court appearance Monday.
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County
- Animal control investigating chemical burns on dog found in Duplin County