Officials: Gas leak fixed after school evacuation
A gas leak that prompted the evacuation of a Greene County school has been fixed.
According to emergency officials, a resident digging in a front yard to repair a sewer line accidentally cut a gas line instead. This caused Snow Hill Primary School to be evacuated Monday morning as a precautionary measure, according to Superintendent Patrick C. Miller.
All Pre-K and kindergarten students were transferred to West Greene Elementary School, said Miller. First-graders were taken to Greene County Intermediate School. No injuries were reported.
The evacuated students were fed at those schools and returned to Snow Hill Primary in the afternoon, emergency officials said.
Copyright 2013 by WCTI12. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.