SNOW HILL, GREENE COUNTY - A gas leak that prompted the evacuation of a Greene County school has been fixed.
According to emergency officials, a resident digging in a front yard to repair a sewer line accidentally cut a gas line instead. This caused Snow Hill Primary School to be evacuated Monday morning as a precautionary measure, according to Superintendent Patrick C. Miller.
All Pre-K and kindergarten students were transferred to West Greene Elementary School, said Miller. First-graders were taken to Greene County Intermediate School. No injuries were reported.
The evacuated students were fed at those schools and returned to Snow Hill Primary in the afternoon, emergency officials said.
- Updated Muslim woman to appear in Playboy in a hijab
- Updated Why you should be careful searching for Amy Schumer
- Updated Martin Shkreli auctions punch to the face
- New Tropical Storm Matthew forms in the Caribbean could have impacts to Eastern North Carolina
- Updated 'Cat man' of Aleppo takes in hundreds of abandoned cats