KINSTON, LENOIR COUNTY - A Kinston man accidentally set his kitchen on fire while cooking early Wednesday morning, officials said.
The fire happened at about 1:45 a.m. Wednesday at a home on the 1300 block of Airlee Drive.
One man was cooking inside the home when the blaze started, fire officials told NewsChannel 12.
There were no injuries reported. Fire officials said the kitchen suffered major damage, and heavy smoke damage was evident throughout the entire house.
- Vietnam Traveling Memorial Wall arrives in Morehead City
- NOAA predicts above-average hurricane season for 2017
- Couple watches in horror as kittens tossed from moving car, run over
- Havelock Police, high school students explore the horrors of drunk driving
- State natural, cultural sites and military discounts for Memorial Day