KINSTON, LENOIR COUNTY - A Kinston man accidentally set his kitchen on fire while cooking early Wednesday morning, officials said.
The fire happened at about 1:45 a.m. Wednesday at a home on the 1300 block of Airlee Drive.
One man was cooking inside the home when the blaze started, fire officials told NewsChannel 12.
There were no injuries reported. Fire officials said the kitchen suffered major damage, and heavy smoke damage was evident throughout the entire house.
- Updated Long commute could hurt your health, add to your waistline
- Updated Italy earthquake: At least 2 killed, buildings collapse
- Can Tokyo avoid the curse of the Olympics?
- Trump: 'There could certainly be a softening' on immigration stance
- After gay couple's home is vandalized, a community rallies