KINSTON, LENOIR COUNTY - A child lost consciousness and almost drowned at a water park in Kinston Monday, officials said.
The accident happened at at Lions Water Adventure, located at 2602 W. Vernon Ave., at about 1:34 p.m. Monday, said Bill Johnson, director of the Kinston Department of Public Safety.
A boy with the City of Rocky Mount Williford Summer Day Camp became unconscious, and was given CPR, according to a news release from the City of Rocky Mount.
Woody Spencer with the Kinston Department of Public Safety said the incident was a near-drowning.
The boy was taken to Vidant Medical Center in Greenville, but his name and condition have not been released.
There is no word on where in the park the accident occurred or what led up to it.
According to the website of Lions Water Adventure, the water park was closed following the accident. NewsChannel 12 is working to get more details.
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County
- Animal control investigating chemical burns on dog found in Duplin County