GREENVILLE - Investigators say a fire at a Greenville apartment complex is suspicious. The fire happened Friday inside a vacant unit at the Riverbluff Apartments, off Tenth Street.
An official in Greenville said the fire started near an electrical outlet, but the unit had no power connected to it.
Fire officials said a maintenance worker who reported the fire said there were two broken windows around the back of the apartment. Investigators believe the windows may have been previously broken and don't have anything to do with the fire.
A fire official on the scene said there were electrical wires exposed, and they were the likely cause for the fire.
- Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Many blueberry farmers picking crop earlier than normal
- Demolition date set for old New Bern Days Inn
- Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms