GREENVILLE - Investigators say a fire at a Greenville apartment complex is suspicious. The fire happened Friday inside a vacant unit at the Riverbluff Apartments, off Tenth Street.
An official in Greenville said the fire started near an electrical outlet, but the unit had no power connected to it.
Fire officials said a maintenance worker who reported the fire said there were two broken windows around the back of the apartment. Investigators believe the windows may have been previously broken and don't have anything to do with the fire.
A fire official on the scene said there were electrical wires exposed, and they were the likely cause for the fire.
- Updated World's largest pearl sits under a bed for 10 years
- Updated Carteret County Health Department Clinical Services closing for mandatory training
- Updated Amatrice: The town at the epicenter of the Italian earthquake
- Army general to testify in Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl pretrial hearing
- Search continues for naked vandals