SNEADS FERRY, ONSLOW COUNTY - Fire crews said they responded to an engine fire on a 56-foot motor yacht in Onslow County.
Chief Ricky Hardison, of the Turkey Creek Volunteer Fire Department, said it happened at about 2:30 a.m. Wednesday morning.
According to Hardison, two people were on board the yacht that was docked at Swan Point Marina in Sneads Ferry. They were not injured.
The flames were quickly put out by fire crews, Hardison said.
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Amid Zika fears, Florida theme parks offer mosquito repellent
- Vandemere Waterfront Park reopens five years after Hurricane Irene destruction
- Stand Up Outfitters 5th annual Colonial paddle board race