SANTA ROSA, Calif. - A Northern California couple might be able to blame this one on the dog.
Authorities say sun refracted off the dog's shiny water bowl and ignited a fire at Terry and Shay Weisbrich's Santa Rosa home on Wednesday afternoon.
The fire was quickly put out, but it left a hole in the siding.
The Press Democrat of Santa Rosa reports that a fire department engineer helped discover the dog bowl's role in the fire.
Rene Torres returned the bowl to its original position during his investigation of the fire's cause. He found it concentrated light right on the area of the home that was charred.
The Press Democrat says the couple's dog, Toby, had a replacement bowl by the evening.
- Updated One person injured in Greenville shooting
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating