GREENVILLE - Pitt County Schools released a statement Wednesday that J.H.Rose football coach Todd Lipe and county athletic director Ron Butler are back at work.
Both men were suspended during the fallout of the athletic eligibility investigation of D.H. Conley football player Maleek Gorham. On distinction is that Lipe has returned to work as a teacher, but is still under suspension as the head football coach for the Rampants.
Last year, Gorham played football at J.H. Rose High School. He transferred to D.H. Conley this year.
After initially being cleared to play football, he was later found ineligible by the North Carolina High School Athletic Association for 365 days.
Pitt County Schools Superintendent Dr. Beverly Emory said Wednesday that Butler will no longer had a say in player eligibility, nor will the office of the Pitt County Athletic Department.
- New Second 15th Street widening project meeting slated for Monday
- New ECU to host four-day symposium focusing on migration issues
- Updated Crowds flock to Saudi Arabia's first Comic Con
- Updated Davis scores big in NBA All-Star Game
- Uber CEO orders 'urgent' investigation after sex harassment allegations