RIVER BEND CRAVEN COUNTY - Monday morning's rainy weather caused a driver to run off a Craven County road and crash into a sign, investigators said.
A woman was driving her Ford Mustang on Highway 17, about a quarter mile south of Old Pollocksville Road near the Jones County line, when her vehicle hydroplaned, investigators told NewsChannel 12. The car then hit a road sign and crashed into a ditch, cracking the windshield.
The unidentified driver was taken to a hospital with unknown injuries. Investigators said they will talk to the driver first before filing charges.
No one else was in the Mustang, investigators said. No other vehicles were involved.
- Updated Tropical Storm Matthew forms in the Caribbean could have impacts to Eastern North Carolina
- Updated Trump peddles Google conspiracy theory
- UPDATE: Missing 11-year-old North Carolina girl found safe
- CIA Director: We 'have to assume' terrorist activity in US
- Trump campaign talking points: Bring up Monica