CROATAN, DARE COUNTY - An Osprey aircraft caused a grass fire as it was landing to pick up local Marines in Dare County, according to an official on scene.
The Osprey was about to pick up Cherry Point Marines from the Dare County Bombing Range, on Navy Road in Croatan, when it caused the grass fire Friday, the official said.
No injuries were reported and the aircraft was not damaged., the official said. The fire was extinguished.
- One person injured in Greenville shooting
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating