GOLDSBORO - The State Crime Laboratory issued a statement Thursday that the human remains found Sept. 22 in Seven Springs are those of a missing Goldsboro teenager.
The Goldsboro Police Department got the confirmation that the human remains found off of Carmack Road are those of 16-year-old Kennedy McLaurin Jr.
The cause of McLaurin Jr.'s death is still under investigation by the State's Chief Medical Examiner.
McLaurin Jr. was reported missing on Sept. 9 and an Amber Alert was issued to help find him.
Goldsboro Police on Nov. 2 held a news conference and stated that deputies had arrested Jerome Butts, Curtis Etheredge, and Kevin Smith in connection with the alleged murder.
Leonard Joyner, 21, of Goldsboro turned himself in after seeing himself on television. He was wanted by police.
All four suspects have been charged with murder in the death of McLaurin Jr., and all are still in police custody awaiting trial.
- Updated Amanda Knox documentary takes media to task
- Updated Obama waits impatiently for Bill Clinton on Air Force One
- Ryder Cup: Europe cuts US lead on opening day at Hazeltine
- Wells Fargo made me work overtime -- without extra pay
- Rangers officially complete purchase of Kinston franchise from Minor League Baseball