WASHINGTON - Beaufort County authorities say two female inmates in the county detention center were found with drugs in their cell.
Brandy Kinion, 30, of Chocowinity and Terri Swain, 35, of Roper are charged with possession of a controlled substance in a local confinement facility and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Detention center officers said they found 56 dosage units of prescription medication in a sock in the women's cell area during a contraband search on Saturday.
They say the pills were hidden in a body cavity when they were smuggled into the detention center.
- Defenseless internet 'paying the price' for ignoring security
- Updated Here's how peanut butter snacks may save endangered ferrets
- Updated Canadian nurse accused of killing 8 nursing home residents
- Craven County Schools among those recognized for top graduation rate honors
- 'No kids with special needs?' Mom fights talent scout who rejected son