WASHINGTON - Beaufort County investigators say an alcohol-fueled fight led to a stabbing Sunday night.
Deputies responded to a call from a home in Washington. They found a victim stabbed in the abdomen.
A suspect at the scene was identified as 41-year-old Jose Lavastida of Marion. He was arrested and charged with assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury.
Deputies did not release the name of the victim, who was taken to Vidant Greenville. The victim is expected to make a full recovery.
Lavastida was put in the Beaufort County Detention Center under $20,000 bond.
- Clinton, Trump hours away from historic debate battle
- Updated Reid signals possible solution to funding stalemate
- Updated Stein escorted off Hofstra University campus
- Bridgegate: Port Authority officials planned to make Fort Lee 'traffic jam as bad as possible'
- Updated Miami Marlins to honor star pitcher Jose Fernandez