WASHINGTON - Beaufort County investigators say an alcohol-fueled fight led to a stabbing Sunday night.
Deputies responded to a call from a home in Washington. They found a victim stabbed in the abdomen.
A suspect at the scene was identified as 41-year-old Jose Lavastida of Marion. He was arrested and charged with assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury.
Deputies did not release the name of the victim, who was taken to Vidant Greenville. The victim is expected to make a full recovery.
Lavastida was put in the Beaufort County Detention Center under $20,000 bond.
- FBI probes newly discovered emails tied to Clinton case
- Updated Greenville to begin work on Arlington Boulevard starting Sunday
- Updated State Board of Elections investigating possible voter fraud in Onslow County
- Updated NCAA will now give money for academic achievements
- Updated After shut down, Vine's smartest stars have a backup plan