WASHINGTON - Beaufort County investigators say an alcohol-fueled fight led to a stabbing Sunday night.
Deputies responded to a call from a home in Washington. They found a victim stabbed in the abdomen.
A suspect at the scene was identified as 41-year-old Jose Lavastida of Marion. He was arrested and charged with assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury.
Deputies did not release the name of the victim, who was taken to Vidant Greenville. The victim is expected to make a full recovery.
Lavastida was put in the Beaufort County Detention Center under $20,000 bond.
- Havelock PD seeks person of interest in club stabbing
- Seven Springs man ends up in ICU after fight with detention officers
- Suspects in animal cruelty case to appear in court Monday
- National Boat Safety Week encourages safety in the water
- Pitt County NAACP to hold meeting to discuss families, mental health