GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - Police said they have identified the owner of a dog that bit a 2-year-old child at a park in Greenville.
According to investigators, the large dog bit the toddler at about 3:30 p.m. Monday at the off-leash dog park on North Ash Street. The child suffered minor injuries, police said.
Investigators said the dog's owner was working with Animal Control to make sure the animal is up-to-date with its rabies shots. No criminal charges will be filed, police said.
According to park rules, small children shorter than 4'7'' are not allowed to enter.
- Italy earthquake survivors: "The future is finished"
- Updated Trump's immigration pivot a buzz kill for Coulter's book tour
- Updated Recovering heroin addict thanks officer who arrested her
- Updated John Krasinski on 'The Hollars': I 'stole' a trick from George Clooney
- Updated Bangladeshi police: Dhaka terror attack planner killed