LUMBERTON, ROBESON COUNTY - Officers and deputies have captured an inmate who escaped from the Robeson Correctional Center Monday morning.
According to the North Carolina Department of Public Safety, Shanendoa Hunt was caught at about 10:30 a.m. Monday at a mobile home off Pittman Road, near Lumberton. Hunt will be facing felony charges for the escape, investigators said.
Hunt is serving an eight-year sentence for multiple convictions of breaking and entering, along with a conviction for misdemeanor assault with a deadly weapon, according to records. He was scheduled for release in September 2015.
Robeson Correctional Center is a minimum-security prison that houses about 270 adult males inmates.
- Updated Trump's path to 270 runs through ... Maine?
- Updated WikiLeaks-released memo outlines Bill Clinton's lucrative speeches
- Updated Hillary Clinton to hold election night party under real glass ceiling
- Tequila, dance parties and Adele: Hillary Clinton finally lets loose
- Dems sue GOP over Trump's 'rigged' complaints