WILMINGTON, NEW HANOVER COUNTY - Police say an off-duty Fayetteville Police officer has been charged with driving while impaired in Wilmington.
Wilmington Police said an officer stopped 32-year-old Kevin Smith around 1:10 a.m. Sunday and investigators notified police in Fayetteville as soon as they determined Smith was a law enforcement officer.
Smith has been placed on administrative leave and an internal investigation will also be conducted.
A phone listing for Smith couldn't be found and it wasn't known if he had a lawyer.
- Updated Beauty school abruptly closes all 79 campuses
- Updated Come show your support at "Get Your Pink On" in New Bern
- New Woman charged with fatally shooting husband is expected in court
- Sewer repairs prompt partial road closure in Jacksonville
- Gary Johnson struggles to name a world leader he respects