OCRACOKE, N.C. - Mechanical problems are forcing cancellation of state-operated ferries to a North Carolina island that can't be reached by road for a second day.
The state transportation department's ferry division canceled two ferry routes Sunday afternoon between Ocracoke Island and Cedar Island because of mechanical problems with the boat. State ferry officials say there isn't another ferry available to replace the ship MV Cedar Island.
Officials on Saturday canceled some ferry routes between Ocracoke Island and Hatteras due to mechanical problems with one of the ferries.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Tornado watch issued for most of North Carolina
- Updated Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Updated Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms
- Demolition date set for old New Bern Days Inn
- New Bus driver charged in Greenville Boulevard crash that killed man