OCRACOKE, N.C. - Mechanical problems are forcing cancellation of state-operated ferries to a North Carolina island that can't be reached by road for a second day.
The state transportation department's ferry division canceled two ferry routes Sunday afternoon between Ocracoke Island and Cedar Island because of mechanical problems with the boat. State ferry officials say there isn't another ferry available to replace the ship MV Cedar Island.
Officials on Saturday canceled some ferry routes between Ocracoke Island and Hatteras due to mechanical problems with one of the ferries.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Updated Reports: Leaders of Oregon standoff acquitted
- Updated LAPD: Suspect in custody over Donald Trump's Hollywood star vandalism
- Trump: 'We should just cancel the election' and declare me the winner
- Kids get swine flu from pigs at state fairs, CDC reports
- Wildlife sanctuary searches for owl lost duirng Hurricane Matthew