DARE COUNTY - A man wanted on a murder charge in the death of a 33-year-old Ohio mom has waived extradition and will return to Dare County to face murder charges.
Authorities have been searching for Nathan Summerfield, 27, since July when his ex-girlfriend Lynn Jackenheimer went missing after an Outer Banks beach vacation with Summerfield and her children in July. Her body was later discovered in a vacant lot in Frisco, a town near Cape Hatteras.
Summerfield was taken into custody by U.S. marshals in Ashland, Ohio, earlier this week. Friday, Summerfield waived extradition and will be transported back to North Carolina.
Summerfield's brother has told authorities that Summerfield said he strangled the woman.
- Updated NOAA predicts above-average hurricane season for 2017
- Updated Couple watches in horror as kittens tossed from moving car, run over
- Updated Havelock Police, high school students explore the horrors of drunk driving
- Facility for developmentally disabled gets overhauled kitchen
- Coast Guard to use air units in search for local fishing crew