FORT BRAGG - Military officials say that a soldier stationed at Fort Bragg was killed in Afghanistan.
The cause was non-combat related.
The Department of Defense announced that Captain James E. Chaffin, 27, of West Columbia, South Carolina died on April 1, in Kandahar, Afghanistan.
Captain Chaffin was assigned to the 82nd Airborne Division at Fort Bragg, outside Fayetteville.
The incident is now under investigation.
- Supreme Court refuses to restore voter ID, reduce early voting days
- New labels warn against mixing opioids, benzodiazepines
- Mark Zuckerberg's visit gives Nigerian startups much-needed boost
- Infantry training building aboard Camp Geiger named for fallen Marine
- Lara Trump visits Eastern North Carolina to support father-in-law