FORT BRAGG - Military officials say that a soldier stationed at Fort Bragg was killed in Afghanistan.
The cause was non-combat related.
The Department of Defense announced that Captain James E. Chaffin, 27, of West Columbia, South Carolina died on April 1, in Kandahar, Afghanistan.
Captain Chaffin was assigned to the 82nd Airborne Division at Fort Bragg, outside Fayetteville.
The incident is now under investigation.
- Updated Special Weather Statement
- Updated Mark Cuban: My players can join national anthem protest
- Updated Pence debate prep: More traditional than Trump's, practicing with Scott Walker
- Updated CDC releases new guidance on Zika and sex
- Updated Howard Dean apologizes for 'innuendo' in cocaine comments