Health officials in North Carolina say four people died last week from complications from the flu, the lowest weekly report since the start of 2014.
Data from the N.C. Department of Health and Human Services shows the death toll from the flu now stands at 81.
Of the total number of flu deaths, 58 were between the ages of 24 and 65.
Department data also shows the number of cases being reported continues to drop.
- Updated WCTI's Anna Bulszewicz announces she's leaving the anchor desk
- Updated Pence tries for damage control abroad but allies still wary
- Updated Investigation underway after teen shot in New Bern
- Updated Border Patrol shooting of Mexican goes to Supreme Court
- Updated Israeli soldier sentenced in Palestinian killing