Health officials in North Carolina say four people died last week from complications from the flu, the lowest weekly report since the start of 2014.
Data from the N.C. Department of Health and Human Services shows the death toll from the flu now stands at 81.
Of the total number of flu deaths, 58 were between the ages of 24 and 65.
Department data also shows the number of cases being reported continues to drop.
- Updated Academy President on 'Birth of a Nation': 'People need to see this movie'
- Updated First known case of sexual Zika transmission without symptoms
- Updated US blood supply should be screened for Zika, FDA says
- Updated Dolly Parton on 2016 candidates: 'I think they're both nuts'
- Updated Wolfowitz 'might have to vote' for Clinton