Health officials in North Carolina say four people died last week from complications from the flu, the lowest weekly report since the start of 2014.
Data from the N.C. Department of Health and Human Services shows the death toll from the flu now stands at 81.
Of the total number of flu deaths, 58 were between the ages of 24 and 65.
Department data also shows the number of cases being reported continues to drop.
- Updated Trump's path to 270 runs through ... Maine?
- Updated WikiLeaks-released memo outlines Bill Clinton's lucrative speeches
- Updated Hillary Clinton to hold election night party under real glass ceiling
- Tequila, dance parties and Adele: Hillary Clinton finally lets loose
- Dems sue GOP over Trump's 'rigged' complaints