RALEIGH, WAKE COUNTY - State health officials say 100 people have died from flu in North Carolina this season.
Officials said two people died from the flu last week, bringing the deaths from the viral illness to 100.
The worst week came in late January, when a dozen people died.
Officials say at least 59 people died from flu in North Carolina last year. The last deaths in 2013 occurred in May.
Health officials say young and middle-age adults are more vulnerable to the H1N1 strain that was the dominant form this season.
- Updated Aftershocks after 2 powerful quakes in central Italy
- Updated Calais Jungle: Children have 'nowhere to go'
- Updated Apple expected to launch first MacBook Pro in 4 years
- Updated After one alleged attack reported, more follow in UW-Madison sex assault case
- Updated Clinton turns to local radio in her campaign's final days