CHARLOTTE - A large disco ball fell to the stage of an arena during a break at a New Year's Eve concert by the Avett Brothers in Charlotte.
Authorities said no one was injured when the ball dropped between acts around 10 p.m. Tuesday at Time Warner Cable Arena. The Avett Brothers were still able to take the stage.
Arena officials said the ball was part of the concert's equipment and they were working with the promoters to determine what happened.
- Carteret Co. Sheriff's Office investigating murder-suicide
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday