CHARLOTTE - A large disco ball fell to the stage of an arena during a break at a New Year's Eve concert by the Avett Brothers in Charlotte.
Authorities said no one was injured when the ball dropped between acts around 10 p.m. Tuesday at Time Warner Cable Arena. The Avett Brothers were still able to take the stage.
Arena officials said the ball was part of the concert's equipment and they were working with the promoters to determine what happened.
- Updated Grandson charged with beating grandfather to death
- Updated Have you heard of an outdoor preschool? There's now one in ENC.
- Updated OPEC agrees to cut production; oil prices surge
- Updated Eric Trump praises dad's 'courage' in not bringing up Bill Clinton's infidelities
- Updated Michelle Obama goes off on Donald Trump