CRAVEN COUNTY - The Craven County school district has announced that there will be no additional makeup days for students despite time missed due to the recent winter weather.
Craven County students missed two full instructional days on Feb. 11 and 12. Despite this, district officials said no additional makeup days will be scheduled because the 2013-204 school calendar already exceeds the number of instructional hours required by law.
The law requires a minimum of 1,025 instructional hours. With the two days missed in February, Craven County Schools will still have 1,037.5 hours of instructional time, according to the district.
The school system has already added three full days of instruction back into the calendar to makeup for the time missed in January.
- Updated Hope that someone gets my message in a bottle - and someone did ... 50 years later
- Updated Deputies looking to identify man wanted for questioning in fraud case
- Updated Mediterranean migrant deaths reach record level in 2016
- Updated Megyn Kelly's epic clash with Newt Gingrich
- Updated Dogs go on poop patrol to sniff out fecal bacteria